MotoGP: Pedrosa Shoulder Not 100% Fit


At the opening round of the 2011 MotoGP Championship at Losail International Circuit, Qatar, this past Sunday, Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa struggled through major pain in his left arm.

Despite the issues, the Spaniard took the final podium spot at the Doha track, finishing behind race-winner and teammate Casey Stoner, and the reigning MotoGP Champion, Yamaha Factory Racing's Jorge Lorenzo.
During the MotoGP race, Pedrosa reported suffering from numbness and lack of strenght in his left arm. Pedrosa was suspicious that he aggraveted his shoulder injury sustained last MotoGP season at Motegi, Japan, and underwent further medical examination this week.
Repsol Honda reported that Pedrosa "passed several tests, consisting in a three-dimensional CAT scan with contrast and MRI and the results showed that there is no vascular or nerve compression in the canal of the collarbone, but there is a small stretch in the plexus, that even is gradually improving, will need still a little more time to finish healing."
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda RC212V) says: "I honestly didn't expect my arm would react in this way because during preseason I never felt so much trouble and I thought the problem was solved. However, I felt really bad in Qatar race and was aware that the injury is not completely healed.
"It was a shame because in Qatar I found a good feeling and until the second half of the race - that's when the pain started - I was really good and I saw a realistic chance of winning. I would be lying if I said I'm not disappointed because this year the bike is working very well and I'm personally prepared, but unfortunately this complication has arisen and I have nothing else to do but give my best until the injury heals completely."
The MotoGP Championship heads to Jerez April 1-3, the first of four races in Pedrosa's homeland (Catalunya, Aragon, Valencia).

0 Comment:

Post a Comment